Following an independent study by PricewaterhouseCoopers, cork producer Amorim has confirmed that its Neutrocork bottle-stopper has a negative carbon footprint. Calculated using a life cycle approach, which considers all aspects of production (including emissions of input materials, total energy production, packaging materials, and transport), the Neutrocork has a positive carbon balance of -1.8g CO2e per stopper. It’s carbon sequestration score is -392g CO2e per stopper.
About The Author
Before being named editor-in-chief of Spirited magazine, Alexandra Russell had a long career in B2B and trade publications, book editing, and e-learning. She lives in Sonoma County, Calif., with her family.
October 22, 2019
July 2, 2019
Want to stay up-to-date on the beer, wine, spirits, and cider industry? Sign up for Top Shelf, the newsletter from the editors of Spirited.
Winner of 3 Folio: Awards in 2019
Meet the Most Admired (Readers Poll Results Announced)posted on November 1, 2019
Still Complicated: Distillers are bending the rules when it comes to still style and product development.posted on October 30, 2019
The Pin Project: Making It Easier to be Sober at the Barposted on October 31, 2019
SESIÓN PREMIUM TEQUILA ANNOUNCES NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH L.A. CLIPPERSposted on October 22, 2019
Archer Roose Taps Beverage Industry Veteran Khaki Wennstrom to Lead Strategic Events and Partnershipsposted on October 22, 2019
- Waipapa Bay Wines Pledges Support for Whale and Dolphin Conservation With 2019 Vintage LaunchIn Uncategorized, Marketing, Industry Update, Wine, Consumer, Press Releases
- FOUNDERS BREWING CO. ANNOUNCES KBS ESPRESSO, FIRST-EVER KBS VARIANTIn Beer, Product Release, Consumer, Press Releases
- Rod & Hammer’s SLO Stills small-batch distillery launches “Cut With The PacificR…In Hospitality, Industry Update, Spirits, Production, Consumer, Press Releases
- Screen Printed Labels by Monvera Glass Décor Win at the 33rd Annual packagePrinting Excellence Award…In Competition, Packaging, Marketing, Industry Update, Wine, Spirits, Other, Cannabis, Press Releases
- Ben and Jake Fetzer Introduce Rural Wine CompanyIn Industry Update, Wine, Product Release, Production, Consumer, Press Releases