Following an independent study by PricewaterhouseCoopers, cork producer Amorim has confirmed that its Neutrocork bottle-stopper has a negative carbon footprint. Calculated using a life cycle approach, which considers all aspects of production (including emissions of input materials, total energy production, packaging materials, and transport), the Neutrocork has a positive carbon balance of -1.8g CO2e per stopper. It’s carbon sequestration score is -392g CO2e per stopper.
About The Author
Before being named editor-in-chief of Spirited magazine, Alexandra Russell had a long career in B2B and trade publications, book editing, and e-learning. She lives in Sonoma County, Calif., with her family.
Jeptha Creed Distillery Launches First Products in Tennessee, Wins Best Cocktail at TASTE Nashville 2018
December 5, 2018
MARKHAM VINEYARDS IS THE PROUD WINE PARTNER OF THE AWARD-WINNING FILM, A FINE LINE, DURING ITS 2020 SCREENING TOUR AND NATIONAL TELEVISION BROADCAST PREMIERE ON PBS
March 2, 2020
January 29, 2020
Want to stay up-to-date on the beer, wine, spirits, and cider industry? Sign up for Top Shelf, the newsletter from the editors of Spirited.
Big Tech for Tiny Bubbles: U.S. sparkling wine producers are starting to embrace automation.posted on March 31, 2020
The Female Winemakers Leading Coronavirus Responseposted on April 3, 2020
Wine in a Time of Pandemicposted on March 20, 2020
Inside Events: Rethink the Value of Winery Guests (Guest Column)posted on March 11, 2020
- Gray Whale Gin launches Virtual Bar to “hire” out-of-work bartendersIn Cocktails, Hospitality, COVID 19, Industry Update, Spirits, Consumer, Press Releases
- Cascade Brewing announces sale to local group of brewery and taproom ownersIn Industry Update, Personnel News, Beer, Industry Briefs, Press Releases
- VIRTUAL WINE FESTIVAL© LAUNCHED BY SYLVIA’S CHILDRENIn COVID 19, Wine, Event, Consumer, Press Releases
- NECTAR OF THE DOGS WINE DEBUTS WEEKLY “WINE TIME WITH NOTDW” SERIES AND PRIVATE VIRTUAL WINE TASTING…In COVID 19, Marketing, Wine, Event, Consumer, Press Releases
- Garrison Brothers Distillery Launches OPERATION CRUSH COVID-19 Fundraiser Aims to Raise $2 Million t…In Hospitality, COVID 19, Product Release, Spirits, Consumer, Press Releases