Grand Rapids, Mich. (April 25, 2018) – The public can now view special Cider Week GR events including tap takeovers, cider-and-food pairings at local restaurants and breweries, cider tours, the Gillett Bridge Festival featuring over 23 Michigan cideries, and the world’s largest cider judging competition – Great Lakes International Cider and Perry Competition (GLINTCAP).
Cider Week GR kicks off May 13-19. The public can enjoy over 25 events throughout the week, including:
- BYO(C) Cider Trolley Tour
- Grand Rapids Cider Crawl with Ciderella
- Cider Cocktails at Stella’s Lounge featuring locally-produced cider
- Cider and Cheese Pairings at Craft Beer Cellar featuring locally-produced cider
- Cider and Food Pairings at Green Well featuring locally-produced cider
- Cider Family Bocce Tournament at Sovengard
- Cider and Canvas at Vander Mill – Grand Rapids
- Hard Cider Floats at Love’s Ice Cream
- Gillett Bridge Festival
- Great Lakes International Cider and Perry Competition (GLINTCAP)
“There’s more to Grand Rapids in addition to the great craft beer scene, and we’re hoping to bring awareness to the growing hard cider scene during Cider Week GR celebrations,” said Paul Vander Heide, owner of Vander Mill, and president of the United States Association of Cider Makers. “It’s our goal for Grand Rapids to be known as the top region for hard cider, similar to how Napa Valley, California is for wine.”
Cider Week GR will culminate with the Gillett Bridge Festival at the Gillett Bridge in downtown Grand Rapids on Saturday, May 19 from 1 to 5 p.m. Tickets range from $10 – $25. The festival is open to the public. Attendees will enjoy a lineup of Michigan cider from 22 cideries and local music. Tickets can be purchased here: bit.ly/CiderWeekGillettBridgeFestival.
GLINTCAP will take place May 16-19 at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Grand Rapids. The 13th annual GLINTCAP features cider producers from more than 10 countries, competing for awards in 18 categories. The competition is closed to the public, but winners will be announced at the Gillett Bridge Festival.
The public is encouraged to view all special events surrounding Cider Week GR by visiting: ciderweekgr.com/events.