Bourbon-loving women connect at sixth-annual SIPosium
Education, excursions headline nation’s leading female-focused bourbon conference
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (May 16, 2019) – – – Spirited women from across the country will gather for the Bourbon Women Association’s sixth-annual SIPosium conference Aug. 23-25 at the historic Seelbach Hotel. The weekend-long event provides informative workshops, meetings with industry leaders and tours of nearby distilleries. Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, May 17, with early access for Bourbon Women members. For more information, visit www.bourbonwomen.org.
After a sold-out event last year, the organization is moving to a larger venue and increasing capacity for 2019. Registration options range from $125 to $395.
“Women have a keen interest in learning more about America’s native spirit,” said Kerri Richardson, president of the Bourbon Women Association. “We are excited to host hundreds of women from more than 25 states to provide an educational, engaging and fun weekend in the heart of bourbon country.”
Highlights of this year’s SIPosium conference schedule include:
- Saturday keynote by Fawn Weaver, co-founder, CEO and chief historian of presenting sponsor Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey
- Friday night welcome dinner hosted by Michele Lux and Lux Row Distillery
- Culinary and bourbon pairing luncheon presented by Jim Beam
- Tours of Angel’s Envy, Buffalo Trace, Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, Michter’s, Vendome Copper & Brass Works, the Farm Distillery at Locust Grove, Jeptha Creed and more
- The Blind Bourbon Date “speed dating tasting” with Samara Rivers, founder of the Black Bourbon Society
- Hands-on exclusive workshops on bartending (Miami Bartenders Guild’s Martina Leonard), vintage spirits (Bardstown Bourbon Company’s Sam Montgomery), grains (Brooks Grain’s Erica Fields), blending (Ben Milam Whiskey’s Heather Greene), aging (Jefferson’s Reserve’s Trey Zoeller) and more
- “In a Bourbon House” dinner experiences with Bourbon Women founder Peggy Noe Stevens, past-president Susan Reigler or board member Monica Wolf
About the Bourbon Women Association:
The Bourbon Women Association is the original organization for women who are passionate about exploring bourbon and the culture that surrounds it. Events provide educational and networking opportunities, bringing together bourbon consumers and industry professionals. Reaching thousands of women annually across the country, Bourbon Women has seven branches, including the national base in Louisville plus Chicago, Indianapolis, Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati, Tennessee, Texas and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit http://www.bourbonwomen.org. Follow Bourbon Women on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.