LOUISVILLE, Ky. (July 16, 2020) – – – Bourbon Women across the country will tune in for three days of virtual bourbon experiences, capping off as the organization’s SIP Summer Series grand finale takes place Aug. 20-22. From guided tastings and cocktail tutorials to cigar pairings and bourbon blending, enthusiasts can visit with their favorite bourbon storytellers and indulge in spirits and lively discussions while staying safe and socially distanced. For more information, visit www.bourbonwomen.org/sipsummerseries.
With a full line up of more than 18 speakers, complimentary tickets launch Friday, July 16, and are available by visiting the Bourbon Women website. While nearly all events are free, contributions are encouraged to help support future Bourbon Women programming. This year’s presenting sponsor is the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States and Spirits United.
“This year, we’re bringing bourbon country to the comfort of your own living room — or home bar, back porch, or wherever you’re enjoying your latest cocktail,” said Bourbon Women President Kerri Richardson. “Coronavirus may have disrupted our plans for our annual SIPosium conference, but it can’t crush our ‘spirit.’ Count on the best speakers, tastings and industry-insider info all weekend long, plus the chance to virtually mingle with fellow bourbon-loving women from across the country.”
The 2020 SIP Summer Series finale coincides with Women’s Equality Week, celebrating the 100thanniversary of the 19th Amendment granting women the right to vote. Bourbon expert Fred Minnick, author of “Whiskey Women: The Untold Story of How Women Saved Bourbon, Scotch, and Irish Whiskey,” will produce the event and live stream to all channels.
Highlights of this year’s three-day schedule include:
- Uncle Nearest Distillery Master Blender Victoria Butler and Head of Whiskey Operations Sherrie Moore discuss women in the industry and the distillery’s recent Jack Daniels initiative.
- Old Dominick Distillery Master Distiller Alex Castle talks about the trail beyond bourbon — the lab, research and development at their Tennessee distillery.
- Sessions with Colorado distilleries Old Elk Distillery and Distillery 291.
- Three Lumps of Sugar’s ‘LaShan Arceneaux demonstrates her cocktail sachets.
- Beautiful Booze founder Natalie Migliarini shares history and travel stories alongside a cocktail creation.
- Exclusive private tasting with Lux Row Distillers Creative Director Michele Lux and Master Distiller John Rempe featuring the Lux Row Distillers Daviess County box set. This session is limited to 25 people; tickets are $150 and include the three featured bourbons. The virtual tasting takes place from 1-2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22.
- An online auction benefiting the Bourbon Women Association will launch in late July with bidding ending Aug. 22. The auction will feature a variety of goods for bourbon lovers with shipping and local pickup options available.
About the Bourbon Women Association:
The Bourbon Women Association is the organization for women who are passionate about exploring bourbon and the culture that surrounds it. Events provide educational and networking opportunities, bringing together bourbon consumers and industry professionals. The first female-focused consumer group in the industry, Bourbon Women now has 10 branches, including the national base in Louisville plus New York City, Chicago, Indianapolis, Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati, Michigan, Atlanta, Tennessee, Texas and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.bourbonwomen.org. Follow Bourbon Women on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States is the U.S. spirits industry’s top advocate in Washington, our nation’s state capitals and around the globe. Our team of best-in-class government affairs specialists, policy experts, lawyers, economists, scientists and communications professionals are at your service – fighting every day to create a political climate and policy environment that strengthens your business and the spirits economy in the United States.
About Spirits United:
Spirits United is a community of advocates united with a common goal to ensure adult consumers can enjoy distilled spirits where they want, how they want, and when they want. Spirits United brings together professionals in the distilled spirits industry, partners, customers and consumers.