FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sean Reynolds, Sean@gregoryvine.com
Drinks that Pop, Disco Ball Service & Many Margaritas –It’s Time for a New Summer Cocktail Menu from The Monarch
KANSAS CITY, MO, June 12, 2019 – Bar Director Brock Schulte of The Monarch Cocktail Bar heads up one of the country’s most creative cocktail programs – proudly named “Most Innovative Beverage Program” and “Best Cocktail Bar of the Year.” This summer’s menu has much to live up to, and does not disappoint. Schulte and his team have worked over 500 ingredients into the new menu, allowing for touches of whimsy and surprise. Here are a few highlights:
- Many Margaritas – Schulte switched the menu’s winter Negroni focus to many interpretations of the Margarita. There are seven versions to choose from including the boss of all, El Jefe (Don Julio ‘1942’ Añejo Tequila, Milagro Select Single Barrel Añejo Tequila, Grand Marnier Cuvée 1880, Cold pressed lime, agave, French grey sea salt), and the more delicate Flor de Mayo (Codigo 1530 Rosa Tequila, Tempus Fugit Liqueur de Violettes, Fusion Verjus Blanc, Pineapple acid).
- Cocktails that tell a Story – This menu has many stories to share. El Jefe takes you to a desert island complete with a message in a bottle (Grand Marnier Cuvée 1880 presented in a vial to sip or float in your glass), a touch of French grey sea salt as sand, and the buried treasure, a monogrammed gold coin embedded in the diamond-cut ice that rises to the top. Fountain City Royale is inspired by Kansas City’s 200+ fountains and includes a homemade verbena-cello and local pear brandy; a swirl of the glass releases a twist of color and motion in a nod to tornado season.
- Drinks that Pop – one of this season’s favorite is Some like it POP, a combo of Elvelo Blanco Tequila, Joto Yuzu Sake, Jinro Chamisul Green Grape Soju, Twisted Alchemy cold-pressed watermelon and Champagne acid. Pop rocks (yes, pop rocks…) submerged in the drink deliver a playful snap, crack and pop. It’s 4th of July-ready in a glass. Equally lively to taste, Moshi Moshi is a brilliant emerald green and is topped with rainbow boba (Prosciutto-washed Suntory Roku Gin, Midori Melon Liqueur, Melon Ramune, Green Chartreuse, Bittermens Winter Melon Bitters).
- Savory and Sweet – Combining unexpected flavors has always been a signature of The Monarch. Sweet and savory are in perfect balance, including the Hawaiian Emperor topped with volcanic sea salt foam from the islands in a medley of Una Vida Reposado Tequila, Rhum Clement Creole Shrubb, Red bell pepper and habanero coulis.
- Disco Ball Service – Some drinks just want to have fun. La Placita Royale (The Balvenie 14-yr Caribbean Cask, Bols Aged Genever, Fizzy coconut water, Casein, silver dust) recalls the golden age of disco and is served on a disco ball coaster. Silver dust brings the shimmer.
The Monarch (@monarchbarkc) was just named one of the “Best Patios in Kansas City,” and received the distinction of “Most Innovative Beverage Program” (Cheers BevX Awards) and “Best Cocktail Bar of the Year” (Nightclub & Bar Magazine) in early 2019. For a look at the featured cocktails and the complete Summer menu click here. Schulte can share recipes and insights to support coverage. Please reach out for more to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers!