Entries are now officially open for the 9th annual New York World Wine & Spirits Competition (NYWSC), taking place on August 21 and 22. This marks the second year with full ownership by The Tasting Alliance, parent company of the San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC), San Francisco International Wine Competition (SFIWC), and Singapore World Spirits Competition (SWSC).
Entrants can enter their products online or download entry materials from the Competition’s website at www.nywscomp.com. The deadline to submit is July 26th.
Led by James Beard Award-winner and Executive Director Anthony Dias Blue, the esteemed panel of judges, predominantly from the New York area—including Kara Newman (Spirits Editor for Wine Enthusiast), Gary Gruver (Global Operations Beverage Manager at Marriott International) and Aimée Lasseigne New (Wine Buyer at Bottlerocket Wine & Spirits)— will blind taste through hundreds of wines and spirits over the course of two days.
“Tastes are different in different parts of the country. Our goal with the New York competition is to provide entrants the opportunity to expose their products to a panel of professional east coast experts. We also encourage entries from small producers and craft distillers in this more compact judging. Of course, the same stringent and precise methods used in San Francisco are used in the New York World Wine & Spirits Competition,” says Anthony Dias Blue.
The NYWSC expanded its class categories in 2018 both to accommodate the variety of entries and to reflect the changing trends in the wine and spirits industry— most especially among craft and artisanal brands. Producers wishing to gain the attention of trade and consumers alike are encouraged to enter. A medal from the NYWSC can help open doors and build brand recognition like few other marketing tools can.
“As a little-known boutique winery in the Eastern U.S., earning multiple Best of Class awards at both the 2017 New York World Wine & Spirits Competition and the world renown San Francisco International Wine Competition has boosted the reputation of our wines. The Tasting Alliance did an excellent job promoting their Competition winners and news of the awards spread fast,” said Aaron Peet, Winemaker at Cellardoor Winery
For more information, including a roster of the Competition’s 2019 judges, please visit the NYWSC website: www.nywscomp.com
About the New York World Wine & Spirits Competition:
- The New York World Wine & Spirits Competition is a member of The Tasting Alliance, parent company of the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, San Francisco International Wine Competition, and Singapore World Spirits Competition.
- Products are evaluated in a blind, consensual procedure ensuring the NYWSC maintains the highest level of impartiality.
- The 2019 Competition takes place over two days, August 21-22.
- Deadline for entries will be July 26th.
- Winning participants receive the awards Platinum, Double Gold, Gold, Silver, or Bronze, marking their product as one of the highest quality in the world.
- In addition to bestowing medallions, The Tasting Alliance provides a variety of post-event support programs to help winners turn awards into effective sales tools. The Tasting Alliance sponsors tasting events throughout the year where trade professionals and consumers can sample the Competition’s top winners; Competition winners are eligible to purchase medallion bottle stickers and to reproduce medallion imagery in their print and online promotions.
Follow on Social Media: