For Immediate Release
Contact: Vicki Garfinkel, VICKIGJ PR, 973-519-8926, firstname.lastname@example.org
HUNDREDS OF KOSHER WINES, SPIRITS & GOURMET FARE UNDER ONE ROOF AT THE12TH ANNUAL KOSHER FOOD & WINE EXPERIENCE NEW YORK
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2018, PIER 60, CHELSEA PIERS
Popular Showcase Features Plethora of Fine Wines, Spirits,
And Gourmet Restaurants, Caterers & Chefs, Hosted By NJ-Based Royal Wine
- New Wines for Passover
- New! Kosher for Passover LVOV Vodka Distilled from Beets
- New! Tequila from wild agave – Kosher For Passover
FEB 5, 2018, New York, NY – Tri-state oenophiles and foodies alike will be the first to savor the latest in fine kosher wines, spirits, and creative cuisine at the 12th annual Kosher Food & Wine Experience (KFWE) New York (http://thekfwe.com), sponsored by NJ-based Royal Wine Corp., on Monday, February 5, 2018. The popular event, bigger than ever before, returns to Pier 60, Chelsea Piers (23rd St. and West Side Highway, NYC). Doors open to the public at 6:30 pm. Trade/media hours are 12 noon – 4:00 p.m. (The Royal Wine Corp. is the largest producer, importer and distributor of kosher wines and spirits in the world.)
New York’s premier kosher event of the year will showcase some 700 intriguing kosher wines and spirits from around the world as well as on-trend cuisine from top local kosher caterers, restaurateurs, and gourmet specialty companies. Tickets sell out quickly for this much-anticipated chance to sample the newest products, limited editions, and Passover delicacies for 2018.
As always, the spectacular wine line-up represents all price points, from the Herzog Generation VIII Padis Vineyard Napa Valley ($250 SRP) to Don Alfonso Merlot from Chile ($7.99 SRP), and features interesting new varieties from France, Italy, Spain, Israel, Australia, Canada, Chile, Argentina, Washington, Oregon and California.
A key highlight of KFWENY will be the release of high-end wines from the exceptional 2015 vintage in Bordeaux. These include:
- The first kosher run from the legendary Château Lascombes 2015 – 2ndcru classé from Margaux, arguably one of the finest kosher wines ever produced.
- The return, after a 10-year absence, of Château Léoville Poyferré 2015 – 2nd cru classé Saint Julien.
- The first kosher run of Château Cantenac Brown 2015 – 3rd cru classé Margaux, one of Bordeaux’s most celebrated estates.
- The first kosher run of Château Fontenil 2015 from the château of Michel Rolland, the world’s most sought-after winemaker and oenologist.
- The first kosher cuvée from the very modern Château Fayat 2015 – Pomerol
Other noteworthy offerings include:
- Château Remo, a new boutique winery from Israel’s Galilee.
- The return to America of Gush Etzion, a great boutique winery from the Judean Hills that produces an impressive array of high quality wines.
- A superb Pinot Noir from Catalonia’s cult Spanish winery, Celler de Capçanes Peraj Ha’abib Special Edition Pinot Noir 2015.
It’s never too soon to start thinking about Passover, and there’s much to be excited about in 2018 as the majority of wines at KFWE are kosher for Passover. In particular, a selection of notable new bottlings will be introduced:
- Chateau Trijet, Bordeaux 2015 (SRP $12.99)
- Herzog Lineage Choreograph, Clarksburg CA 2016 (SRP $19.99)
- Domaine du Castel La Vie Blanc, Judean Hills 2016 (SRP $24.99)
- Chateau Fontenil, Fronsac 2015 (SRP $54.99)
- Chateau Lascombes, Margaux 2015 ($124.99)
And the spirit of Passover won’t stop at wines. LVOV is releasing a new OUP vodka, distilled from beets (MSRP $20), and a new Hacienda de Chichuahua Sotol Plata (MSRP $37) as well as Reposado (MSRP $40). While similar to tequila or mezcal, sotol, a spirit from Mexico with a centuries old history, has its own unique flavor profile and is distilled from wild agave harvested in the Chihuahuan Desert of Northern Mexico.
KFWE Exclusive Trade & Press hours: 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm
KFWE-Open to Public: 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm; Tickets at: http://thekfwe.com
The Kosher Food & Wine Experience travels across the U.S.A. and the globe to present the finest kosher wine and spirits the world has to offer. After kicking off in Miami on December 13, 2017, it makes stops in Tel Aviv (January 29), London (January 31), & Los Angeles (February 7).
About Royal Wine/Kedem
Since 1948, Royal Wine Corp., also known as Kedem, has been owned and operated in the United States by the Herzog family, whose winemaking roots date back eight generations to 19th century Czechoslovakia.
Today Royal Wine’s portfolio of domestic and international wines range from traditional wine producing regions of France, Italy and Spain, as well as Israel, New Zealand and Argentina. Additionally, Royal Wine Corp.’s spirit and liqueur portfolio offers some of the most sought after scotches, bourbons, tequilas and vodkas as well as hard to find specialty items such as flavored brandies and liqueurs.
The company owns and operates the Kedem Winery in upstate New York, as well as Herzog Wine Cellars in Oxnard, California, a state-of-the-art-facility featuring guided wine tours, a fully staffed modern tasting room, gift shop and catering facilities. Additionally, the winery houses the award-winning restaurant Tierra Sur, serving the finest Mediterranean inspired contemporary Californian Cuisine. Follow Royal Wine on Face Book.com/RoyalWineCorp/, and instagram.com/royalwinecorp/, and twitter.com/royalwinecorp
Note to Media: Media are invited to attend the KFWE in NYC by advance arrangement.
Samples, interviews with industry professionals and TV demonstrations, as well as additional information are available by contacting: Vicki Garfinkel, email@example.com; 973-519-8926.
Photos: KFWE NY 2018 to feature more than 700 wines and spirits from around the globe, including these new selections – LVOV Vodka (Distilled from beets; Kosher for Passover) and Château Remo, a new boutique winery from Israel’s Galilee.