Emerging Fort Collins-based spirits company enters 19 new states this year, opens tasting room
Fort Collins, Colo. – August 28, 2018 – Old Elk Distillery has experienced impressive distribution growth in 2018, expanding its presence from two states—Colorado and California—to 21 and counting. The Fort Collins, Colorado-based, spirits company is best known for their Old Elk Blended Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Dry Town Gin, and Nooku Bourbon Cream.
Founded in 2013 by forward-thinking entrepreneur Curt Richardson, Old Elk Distillery’s spirits aim to elevate their respective categories. Already, Old Elk Distillery has distinguished itself by controlling its own production, securing a robust path to market and hiring a respected Master Distiller, Greg Metze.
“Building successful spirits brands doesn’t happen overnight,” said Luis Gonzalez, CEO of Old Elk Distillery. “We invested five years in getting the right plan, solidifying the supply-chain supporting our road map, quality, and approach to ensure long-term success for the brand and our trade partners. Each product started with exceptional recipes overseen by legendary Master Distiller, Greg Metze, and we have put as much preparation into the liquid as we have into the brands. We are now establishing relationships with our trade partners to support the sales of these innovative spirits.”
The company reinforced this investment with The Reserve by Old Elk Distillery, a tasting room and eatery located near Old Town Square in Fort Collins. The Reserve opened in August 2018, and offers the company’s full spirits portfolio, a signature cocktail menu, and a retail shop. It also features spirits that are exclusive to The Reserve.
Old Elk Distillery’s portfolio is available in the following states as of August 2018. It is distributed by Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits except where noted below.
- California (distributed by Young’s Market Company)
- Massachusetts (distributed by Atlantic Beverage Distributors)
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island (distributed by Atlantic Beverage Distributors)
- South Dakota
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
Old Elk Distillery’s Distributed Portfolio
- Old Elk Blended Straight Bourbon Whiskey ($49.99/750ml) – Old Elk Distillery’s flagship product, Old Elk blended straight bourbon whiskey, uses high-quality corn, malted barley, and rye. The mash bill uses four times more malted barley than conventional bourbon recipes, and is crafted using a slow cut proofing process to create a rich, smooth flavor in harmony with caramel notes evoked by charred barrels, and the spicy character of rye. 44% ABV.
- Dry Town Gin ($34.99/750ml) – Dry Town Gin has a smooth and distinctively herbal, piney, citrus-forward flavor. Artfully distilled using 10 botanicals, including fresh Colorado-grown sage, lemongrass, orange, lime, and juniper, among others. 46% ABV.
- Nooku Bourbon Cream ($30.99/750ml) – Nooku Bourbon Cream is an artful blend of high malt bourbon and real dairy cream, and contains only natural sugars and flavors. Nooku has spicy vanilla and toffee aromas, caramel chews in the flavor, and a hearty burst of bourbon finish. 17% ABV.
ABOUT OLD ELK DISTILLERY
Old Elk Distillery crafts remarkably smooth and innovative spirits that transcend tradition. The distillery was founded in Fort Collins, Colorado, in 2013 by serial entrepreneur Curt Richardson. His desire to craft spirits that embody both innovation and legacy led him to create a distinctive portfolio that includes Old Elk Bourbon, Dry Town Gin, and Nooku Bourbon Cream. Today, legendary master distiller Greg Metze leads production for Old Elk Distillery. For more information visit: www.oldelk.com
Megan Helphand, Benson Marketing Group, 707-260-0124, firstname.lastname@example.org