A report released in February by ArcView Market research (and conducted in partnership with cannabis business intelligence company BDS Analytics) projects the United States’ growing marijuana industry will create 414,000 jobs by 2021, either directly or in related industries; nearly one-third of these new jobs are expected to be created in California. The report also credits legal recreational use in Colorado for that state having one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. In addition to job growth, the cannabis industry is expected to contribute billions to state coffers through wholesale, excise, and cannabis-specific taxes.
About The Author
June 20, 2018
Want to stay up-to-date on the beer, wine, spirits, and cider industry? Sign up for Top Shelf, the newsletter from the editors of Spirited.
Hope Ewing: Exploring Bar Life from Multiple Anglesposted on July 31, 2019
Taking on 3-Tier: Notes from the 3-Tier Symposiumposted on July 31, 2019
Inside Retail: Tap Into the Power of an Endcap (Guest Column)posted on July 31, 2019
Lost Heritage Rye Grain Becomes New PA Whiskeyposted on August 9, 2019
- WINERIES OF SANTA CLARA VALLEY HOSTS SPRING PASSPORTIn Wine, Event, Destination, Consumer, Press Releases
- Conner Prairie and Sun King Brewery Announce Winner of Specialty Headless Horseman Brew Growler Art …In Packaging, Beer, Product Release, Consumer, Press Releases
- Famed champagne gummy bear brand Sugarfina poised to take on Asia after opening Hong Kong storeIn Industry Update, Product Release, Consumer, Press Releases
- JORDAN WINERY ANNOUNCES DEBUT OF NEW CABERNET VINEYARD TASTINGIn Wine, Product Release, Event, Consumer, Press Releases
- FOUNDERS BREWING CO. ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF OKTOBERFEST- MOTHERSHIP SERIES #9In Beer, Product Release, Consumer, Press Releases