NEW HYDE PARK, NY (Oct. 5, 2020) – With consumers increasingly turning to cleaner, healthier and environmentally friendly products, Biagio Cru Wines & Spirits is launching the first offering of its V2G (“Vine to Glass”) line of wines nationwide. Debuting with a Syrah-Cabernet Sauvignon blend, this USDA Certified Organic French wine offers a pesticide-free, preservative-free, herbicide-free and yes, sulfite-free wine with a shelf life rarely achieved in widely available organic wines.

Unlike most organic wines on the market today, V2G actually gets better with age and can be thoroughly enjoyed today or can be cellared for over 2 years. This differs greatly from the typical 3-6-month shelf life of other certified organic wines.

V2G is born first through the selection of excellent grapes. Like all quality wines, V2G is made using a high level of artistry at all stages of the winemaking process highlighted by a state-of-the-art, highly controlled, sterile production and cellaring facility. The sophisticated nano-filtration process yields a pure final product void of any contaminants. Through the adaptation of socially and environmentally responsible practices we’ve been able to fertilize without chemicals, reduce water waste and shrink our carbon footprint, all while curating exceptional bottles of wine.

“V2G takes the growing trend of organic wines and goes above and beyond with its exceptional taste, great value and sustainable production,” said Darren Restivo, principal of Biagio Cru Wines & Spirits. “We look forward to delivering our customers additional offerings through our Vine to Glass project in the new year.”

The first offering from the V2G line is produced in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France, an area that was selected due its increased focus on quality and organic wine production and sustainability.

V2G is comprised of 80% Syrah grown at 50m above sea level with views of the Pyrenees mountains. This area has a unique microclimate and is in a classified appellation zone. The remaining 20% is Cabernet Sauvignon grown in the foothills of the Cévennes mountains, a cool climate zone suitable to the late ripening of these grapes.

The Syrah gives V2G the ripe juiciness and wonderful natural acidity. This is a terroir-driven wine showing great character with a very approachable palate. The Cabernet, slightly lighter in alcohol, gives the wine a much more reduced character and a tight control, the backbone that Cabernet should be, all with a direction towards freshness.

The V2G Syrah-Cabernet Sauvignon blend will retail for approximately $15.99. It will be rolling out across the country, notably in BevMo.

After the initial launch, the brand plans to expand production to other highly regarded wine regions such at Southeast Australia, South America and the U.S. More information can be found at


About Biagio Cru Wines & Spirits

Based in New Hyde Park, NY and founded in 1998, Biagio Cru is a family-owned importer of fine wines and spirits from across the globe. Biagio Cru’s new flagship wine is Rosé All Day. Introduced in 2017, Rosé All Day has rapidly become a favorite of wine-drinkers across the nation, with 2020 poised to be a banner year.

Biagio Cru’s portfolio of wines includes the perennially popular Lolailo Sangria, which received the Impact Hot Brand award for five consecutive years.

De Restia Crianza from Ribera del Duero, Spain, has recognitions of 90, 91, and 93 point ratings across multiple vintages, as well as the much coveted “Smart Buy” and “Savvy Shopper” nods.  It was touted as “one of the most impressive values of the year” ranking #26 in the Wine Spectator Top 100 wines of the year.

Other brands represented include Chateau de Maniban, the full line of Tabali wines, the award winning Australian 5OS line of wines, and more.



Press releases are generated outside of Spirited magazine and the information contained does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Spirited or its parent company, Sonoma Media Investments.