(New Zealand & South Korea)– Templeton Rye whiskey has announced an exclusive agreement with Thirsty Camel in New Zealand and Happy Spirits Korea in South Korea for the distribution of the Templeton Rye American whiskey portfolio.
The company who started production at their new state of the art distillery this year said today that Thirsty Camel will handle the Templeton whiskey portfolio and the brand will enter the New Zealand market for the first time. Templeton is currently implementing a global roll out of the portfolio as it prepares to take on increased stock production from the Templeton distillery in Iowa that opened in August 2018.
Happy Spirits Korea, who specialize in importing the finest spirits and unique brands from around the world, will officially start to distribute the Templeton American Rye Whiskey portfolio in August 2018.
Thirsty Camel is one of the leading premium spirits distributor in New Zealand with existing premium spirit brands such as Campari, Patron and Glen Grant with route to market in all channels.
Shane Fitzharris, Executive Vice President of Global Sales for Templeton Rye says “We believe that Thirsty Camel and Happy Spirits Korea are perfect fits for Templeton in New Zealand and South Korea, and we are delighted to work with such strong partners in these markets. With the growth of the Templeton brand as well as the opening of our state of the art distillery in Templeton, Iowa this year, we believe we are perfectly placed to meet the growing demand for high quality Rye and American whiskies around the world.”
Titch Hay of Thirsty Camel“We are extremely excited to be adding Templeton Rye into our portfolio and launching into the New Zealand market in October 2018.” “It is a great addition to our portfolio of Premium Spirit & Liqueur Brands and is sure to be a great success!”
The announcement comes hot on the heels of the official opening of the Templeton Distillery in Iowa which includes a 34,500 square foot distillery, 55,000 square foot barrel aging warehouse, visitor centre and museum located on 20 acres of land just east of downtown Templeton.
About Templeton Rye
Templeton Rye Whiskey tracks back to the early 1920s when residents of Templeton distilled a much sought-after rye whiskey. That bootlegging enterprise, forced underground during the Prohibition era, nonetheless flourished during that period. Today, the whiskey may be slightly different—instead of stills in basements and barns, the company has a modern, legal plant—but the entrepreneurial spirit remains true to Templeton’s roots.
On August 7, 2018, Templeton Rye Spirits, LLC marked the beginning of a new chapter, highlighting a rich history with the community they call home. The 34,500 square-foot distillery, a $35 million project, was a significant investment in the community of Templeton. Templeton Rye Whiskey is proud to bring the production of their legacy rye home.
- 55,000 square-foot barrel aging warehouse that can store up to 54,000 barrels
- Located on 20-acres of land just east of downtown Templeton
- Produces up to 500,000 proof gallons of rye whiskey annually
- Features stills imported from Scotland to produce the highest quality spirits
- 28 employees, up 17 positions from previous staffing needs
- Includes museum, visitor center and tasting room
- $35 million project, which includes a museum, visitor center and tasting room
- Invested more than $1 million in the local economy
- Donated $250,000 to the City of Templeton to build the Community Center, which was formerly a school
- Utilized local contractors throughout Iowa for multiple aspects of the new distillery
- Will attract thousands of visitors from across the country each year to further boost the economy in the region
# # #
For more information or to request interviews, please contact:
Kate Laufer Gorenstein
KLG Public Relations