Red Oak Brewery makes traditional Bavarian-style lagers at its facilities in Whitsett, N.C., and has been recognized by Spirited readers in the Brewery Tasting Room or Tour category. Red Oak beers are brewed according to historical German standards of using only water, malted barley, yeast, and hops, and visitors can enjoy its slow-fermented lagers in the brewery’s lush onsite biergarten. Red Oak Brewery’s Lager Haus & Biergarten is currently open Wednesdays through Sundays and includes the biergarten, a tasting room, and gift shop. Brewery tours are held every Friday at 4:30 p.m. and include an hour-long tour of the facilities followed by a 45-minute sampling session. The tour runs $15 per person and includes four beer samples and a collectible glass, no reservations needed.
About The Author
Ken Weaver is a freelance beer writer and editor in Petaluma, California. He is the author of The Northern California Craft Beer Guide and most recently served as beer editor of All About Beer Magazine. Find him on Instagram + Twitter @KenWeaver.
April 16, 2018
Catoctin Creek Distilling Company partners with Adroit Theory Brewing Company to launch wicked whisky Día de los Muertos
June 17, 2019
August 21, 2018
Want to stay up-to-date on the beer, wine, spirits, and cider industry? Sign up for Top Shelf, the newsletter from the editors of Spirited.
Inside Beer: Lighten Up with Low ABVposted on September 11, 2019
Inside Wine: Cabernet Franc Deserves More Respectposted on September 10, 2019
The Crawl: Oklahoma City, OKposted on September 5, 2019
LONERIDER SPIRITS RELEASES THEIR FIRST COLLABORATION WITH LONERIDER BREWERYposted on August 20, 2019
- Rogue Celebrates the Evolution of Dead GuyIn Marketing, Beer, Production, Other, Consumer, Press Releases
- TWISTED ROOTS KAVA BREWERY OFFERS A TROPICAL INTOXICATING EXPERIENCE IN A MYSTICAL OASISIn Cocktails, Uncategorized, Industry Update, Consumer, Press Releases
- SQUARE ONE ORGANIC SPIRITS LAUNCHES LINE OF ORGANIC COCKTAIL MIXERSIn Cocktails, Product Release, Spirits, Consumer, Press Releases
- Cascade Brewing to release three packaged beers in September, including its award-winning Vlad the I…In Beer, Product Release, Consumer, Press Releases
- WX Brands Promotes Bryan Moreno to Senior Vice President of Global SalesIn People, Industry Update, Wine, Personnel News, Press Releases