Red Oak Brewery makes traditional Bavarian-style lagers at its facilities in Whitsett, N.C., and has been recognized by Spirited readers in the Brewery Tasting Room or Tour category. Red Oak beers are brewed according to historical German standards of using only water, malted barley, yeast, and hops, and visitors can enjoy its slow-fermented lagers in the brewery’s lush onsite biergarten. Red Oak Brewery’s Lager Haus & Biergarten is currently open Wednesdays through Sundays and includes the biergarten, a tasting room, and gift shop. Brewery tours are held every Friday at 4:30 p.m. and include an hour-long tour of the facilities followed by a 45-minute sampling session. The tour runs $15 per person and includes four beer samples and a collectible glass, no reservations needed.
About The Author
Ken Weaver is a freelance beer writer and editor in Petaluma, California. He is the author of The Northern California Craft Beer Guide and most recently served as beer editor of All About Beer Magazine. Find him on Instagram + Twitter @KenWeaver.
Wait for It: When done right, limited releases can lead to an enthusiastic line outside your door—but there are pitfalls.
April 30, 2018
Cascade Brewing to release three packaged beers in September, including its award-winning Vlad the Imp Aler
September 12, 2019
July 28, 2019
November 1, 2017
Want to stay up-to-date on the beer, wine, spirits, and cider industry? Sign up for Top Shelf, the newsletter from the editors of Spirited.
Take a Chance: Will wine ever move past the 750 mL bottle and cork?posted on January 17, 2020
Tariffs will hit the American wine industry hardposted on January 9, 2020
Supplier Spotlight: Infinity Bottlingposted on January 8, 2020
New Product Guide: A look at some of the equipment, systems, and devices coming your way in 2020posted on January 7, 2020
Inside Branding: The New Rules of Engagement (Guest Column)posted on January 16, 2020
- The Spearhead Group Announces Opening of East Coast Innovation CenterIn Packaging, Spirits, Press Releases
- 2020 Vision—What You’ll See from Bodegas LAN This YearIn Industry Update, Wine, Product Release, Consumer, Press Releases
- WSET Celebrates Record Number of Diploma Graduates at Annual Awards CeremonyIn Education, Industry Update, Wine, Spirits, Industry Briefs, Press Releases
- Craig A. Root offers Tasting Room Design & Management class at UC Davis for 19th yearIn Education, Industry Update, Wine, Press Releases
- Notre Vue Estate Estate Winery offers art scholarshipIn Competition, Packaging, Wine, Other, Consumer, Press Releases