Red Oak Brewery makes traditional Bavarian-style lagers at its facilities in Whitsett, N.C., and has been recognized by Spirited readers in the Brewery Tasting Room or Tour category. Red Oak beers are brewed according to historical German standards of using only water, malted barley, yeast, and hops, and visitors can enjoy its slow-fermented lagers in the brewery’s lush onsite biergarten. Red Oak Brewery’s Lager Haus & Biergarten is currently open Wednesdays through Sundays and includes the biergarten, a tasting room, and gift shop. Brewery tours are held every Friday at 4:30 p.m. and include an hour-long tour of the facilities followed by a 45-minute sampling session. The tour runs $15 per person and includes four beer samples and a collectible glass, no reservations needed.
About The Author
Ken Weaver is a freelance beer writer and editor in Petaluma, California. He is the author of The Northern California Craft Beer Guide and most recently served as beer editor of All About Beer Magazine. Find him on Instagram + Twitter @KenWeaver.
January 4, 2018
November 27, 2018
July 18, 2018
Want to stay up-to-date on the beer, wine, spirits, and cider industry? Sign up for Top Shelf, the newsletter from the editors of Spirited.
Inside SCOTUS: What the Tennessee Wine v. Thomas decision does—and doesn’t—change.posted on June 30, 2019
Best Winery Tasting Room or Tour: Sokol Blosser Winery / Evolution Winesposted on July 1, 2019
And the Winners Are: Spirited magazine’s BEST OF Readers Poll Resultsposted on July 1, 2019
Best Branding/Design Expert: High-Proof Creativeposted on July 17, 2019
- LibDib Unveils New Instant Impact Portal to Provide Sophisticated Distributor Marketing Services to …In Distribution, Industry Update, Wine, Beer, Product Release, Spirits, Cider, Press Releases
- J. Rieger & Co. Opens New Distillery and Spirits Destination in Kansas City’s Historic El…In Industry Update, Consumer, Press Releases
- Caledonia Spirits Opens New 27,000-Square-Foot Distillery, Bringing Craft Cocktail Culture and Comme…In Industry Update
- Shaw Ross International Importers, LLC Announces Two Senior Management PositionsIn Distribution, Wine, Personnel News, Spirits, Press Releases
- AWARD-WINNING BARTENDER DAMON BOELTE JOINS BRANCA USAIn Cocktails, Personnel News, Industry Briefs, Press Releases