Mead, the ancient alcoholic drink made from honey has become the must have purchase this Christmas. It’s growing popularity among the achingly chic is becoming more mainstream as it features in films and television programmes. Luxury brand Midas Mead has just released the UK’s only mead tasting set with tasting notes. Despite being crafted from honey, these meads are not as sweet as you might expect but the distinctive floral flavours from the nectar have been skilfully retained. Presented in a sleek gift box on a bed of hand tinted barley straw, this is a perfect present for someone wanting to try mead or for the connoisseur who wants to sample the meads from this renowned luxury Meadery.
About The Author
September 11, 2018
February 26, 2019
Want to stay up-to-date on the beer, wine, spirits, and cider industry? Sign up for Top Shelf, the newsletter from the editors of Spirited.
Last Call: Trina’s Starlite Lounge in Somerville, Mass.posted on December 2, 2019
The Finishing Touch: Using Direct-to-Glass Bottle Embellishment in Lieu of Labelsposted on November 19, 2019
Winemaker Profile: A Q&A With David Ramey of Ramey Wine Cellarsposted on November 11, 2019
The Crawl: Boston, Mass.posted on December 4, 2019
- Boortmalt moves to the Oracle Cloud InfrastructureIn Suppliers, Beer, Spirits, Production, Other, Press Releases
- WSET AND IWSC ANNOUNCE FUTURE 50 AWARDS LISTIn Education, People, Industry Update, Wine, Spirits, Press Releases
- Pusser’s Rum Commitment and Ties to the Royal Navy Validated at Commemoration of the Battle of Trafa…In Cocktails, Spirits, Event, Industry Briefs, Press Releases
- Radico Khaitan Unveils Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky in the U.S. MarketIn Product Release, Spirits, Consumer, Press Releases
- Beverage Industry Executives Launch M&A and Business Consultancy Azur AssociatesIn Industry Update, Wine, Spirits, Industry Briefs, Management, Press Releases