Commercial Spirits & Jack Vettriano unite art and alcohol
With the launch of Jack Vettriano Gin signed Collectors Edition
11 August, 2018
After a successful launch with luxury retail Harvey Nichols in June, Commercial Spirits have announced they will produce a special Signed Collectors Edition of the ultra-premium Jack Vettriano Gin with Britain’s best selling artist.
Just 400 signed Collectors Edition bottles of the award-winning gin have been commissioned; the first 100 bottles of each of the four paintings featured in the presentation, which include “The Singing Butler” which sold for £744,880 – the most expensive painting sold by a Scottish artist – and “Along Came a Spider”, owned by Manchester United legend Sir Alex Ferguson.
“We are offering art lovers and gin drinkers a chance to add something truly unique to their collection. The painting is presented on a beautiful embossed paper and printed at the high definition quality necessary for fine art. The final hand-finished touches we have added on the presentation of these Collectors Editions really make for a magical unboxing experience! Distiller Rob Dorsett has crafted something deliciously smooth at 44% for gin enthusiasts, whilst giving the public a rare opportunity to own a signed Vettriano at a very accessible price point.” says Stephen Anderson, Managing Director.
The gin was launched at an exclusive VIP gin party at The Forth Floor Bar & Restaurant in collaboration with Louise Masson, GM of Harvey Nichols, Edinburgh on 4th June. Over 100 people filled the restaurant and rooftop terrace overlooking St Andrew Square including former Kwik-Fit owner Sir Tom Farmer and World Wide Wrestling League Heavyweight Champion Mike Musso. Vettriano’s work is also collected by Sir Terrace Conran, Jack Nicholson and Robbie Coltrane. Guinness world-record holder (for 60 ultra marathons in 60 days) SteveyJ auctioned off signed Giclee prints raising over £7000 for charity on the night, where guests enjoyed cocktails prepared by Patron Perfectionist World Champion bar tender Mike McGinty.
Anderson added: “I wanted to pay tribute to Jack, we are both from Fife and the contribution he has made to the world through his art is truly inspiring. The project has oozed authenticity – Jack and his agent Carolyn Osbourne were instrumental in every part of the process – from approving the spirit, guiding the design of the bottle and even selecting the paper which his paintings were being printed on to. Everything had to perfect and Jack constantly challenged us to create something spectacular!”
“Jack Vettriano Gin is limited edition bottling of 10,000 – it won’t be available forever – and each is individually numbered. Jack agreed to sign the first 100; with the caveat that bottles #1, #2 and #3 would go to the ‘Lunch With an Old Bag’ charity auction on 7th September 2018 at Prestonfield House in Edinburgh. This is a fantastic event which is a key fundraiser for The Princes Trust Scotland and something which we are really proud to be involved with.”
“Scottish Artists have always had a relationship with alcohol, so I was of course honoured to be chosen for my paintings to be on
these limited editions.” – Jack Vettriano.
Signed Collectors Editions, £135, are exclusively available online from Commercial Spirits at www.commercialspirits.com
Limited Editions, £60, are available from Harvey Nichols.
—End of Press Release—
Please find below a library of video footage, which you are welcome to use.
Please find below a library of images of which you are welcome to publish.
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/7.jpg– Jack Vettriano and Commercial Spirits Managing Director Stephen Anderson
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/8.jpg– Guiness World Record Holder SteveyJ (auctioneer for the charity prints), Jack Vettriano and Stephen Anderson in St Andrew Square, Edinburgh
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/11.jpg – Jack signing ‘The Singing Butler’ for top bidder George Davies.
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/13.jpg – Gin blogger Mhairi Tennant and Jack Vettriano.
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/16.jpg – Jack addressing the crowd at Harvey Nichols.
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/10.jpg– The Singing Butler.
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/9.jpg– Along Came a Spider.
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/14.jpg – The Singing Butler.
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/15.jpg – Billy Boys.
Presentation of the bottles
Launch party imagery
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/4.jpg– Andrew Glen, Director of Maddison Productions with Billy Boys
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/5.jpg – Crowd shot
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/6.jpg– Kevin Hutt, Director of Enid Hutt Gallery (who framed the signed prints which raised £7000 For charitable causes)
- http://commercialspirits.com/launchparty/12.jpg – Heriot-Watt LLB student Hayley-Jane Clark posing with “A Kind of Loving”