Barrell Craft Spirits of Louisville, KY is pleased to announce that its Barrell Bourbon Batch 018 was named Best Small Batch Bourbon in the 11-year and older Category and Barrell Bourbon Batches 017, 018 and 019 were awarded Double Gold medals at the 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC). The Company’s Barrell Bourbon Batch 016 and Dovetail Whiskey received Gold Medals.
SFWSC is the largest international spirits competition in the United States. Judging is blind and done by a prestigious panel of nationally recognized spirts judges, each selected for their distinct and trusted palate. With nearly two decades of experience, the SFWSC has become one of the most respected competitions in the world.
“We are honored once again to have medaled during this prestigious competition,” says Company Founder Joe Beatrice. “These recent batches represent the constant evolution of our Bourbons and Whiskeys and highlight our blending expertise. Barrell Craft Spirits strives to constantly add dimension and depth to our products. Since 2015, when we were named Best Bourbon and Best Small Batch at SFWSC with Bourbon Batch 011, we recognized the need not to rest on these awards but worked hard on each offering. With this win, we are back in R&D, pushing ourselves to come up with new and interesting blends for next year’s competition.”
- Barrell Bourbon Batch 018 – A tropical 11-year-old blend with more structured and spice-driven 14 and 15-year-old barrels layered in to give this a serious amount of character and bite.
- Barrell Bourbon Batch 019 – A careful selection of 9.5 to 14-year-old barrels from Kentucky and Tennessee blended together to maximize the unique qualities of each.
- Barrell Bourbon Batch 017 – The classic 10-year-old: high proof and balanced, oak driven but complex.
- Barrell Bourbon Batch 016 – A distinct toasted orange note; deeply concentrated but not too oaky.
- Barrell Dovetail – Woody bourbon; terroir driven Dunn Cabernet; toasted French oak; Late Bottled Vintage Port pipes; black strap molasses casks; all working in tandem to create a buttery and deep whiskey.
Barrell Craft Spirits’ award-winning line of products is currently sold in 43 states throughout the United States.
Barrell Craft Spirits is an independent blender and bottler of unique aged, cask-strength sourced whiskey and rum spirits, and is increasingly being recognized for its blending expertise. The Company selects and blends products that explore different distillation methods, barrels and aging environments, and bottles them at cask strength. Every batch is produced as a limited release and has a distinct flavor profile.