SILVER TRIDENT OFFERS NEW POTATO CHIP EXTRAVAGANZA
Who couldn’t use a little fun these days?
Yountville, Napa Valley, October 2020 —- Silver Trident Winery is adding a new tasting experience – The Potato Chip Extravaganza. It features five different artisanal potato chips paired with five Silver Trident wines. Winery founder Bob Binder came up with the idea while on a flight back to Napa Valley: “I was on the airplane drinking the standard screw-top mini-bottle of wine and crunching away on some potato chips and I found myself smiling. Hence the idea of the Potato Chip Extravaganza. Enjoying a nice glass of wine, crunching away on some potato chips and smiling. We could all use a bit more of that nowadays.”
The winery’s Potato Chip Extravaganza consists of:
- Apollo’s Folly Sonoma Coast Rosé of Pinot Noir paired with Zapp’s Spicy Cajun Crawtators New Orleans Kettle Style Potato Chips: Evoking the image of a
New Orleans crawfish broil feast paired with a perfectly chilled glass of Rosé.
- Symphony No. 9 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc with Route 11 Sour Cream & Chives Kettle Cooked Potato Chips: The crunch and creaminess of the chip plays perfectly with the wine’s bright acidity and its touch of mid-palate texture.
- Benevolent Dictator Russian River Pinot Noir with Zapp’s Cajun Dill
“Gator-Tators” New Orleans Kettle Style Potato Chips: This pairing goes to 11! The dill, brine and spice flavors of the chip create a savory component that brightens the red fruit core of the wine.
- Playing With Fire Napa Valley Red Blend with Zapp’s Voodoo (New Orleans Kettle Style Potato Chips): Two things that you’re not supposed to do: play with fire and/or play with voodoo. This is a dangerously delicious pairing.
- Twenty Seven Fathoms Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon paired with Kettle Style salted potato chips enveloped in dark chocolate ‘bark.’ Silver Trident and Kollar Chocolates are Yountville neighbors and teamed up to pair world class wines and world class chocolate. The Zapp’s “Regular” New Orleans Kettle Style chip is enveloped in 72% single origin dark chocolate from Venezuelan cacao beans.
The tasting is priced at $40 per guest and reservations are required. A colorful placemat accompanies the pairing flight and acts as a road map to identify all of the essential components. “We wanted to have some fun and put a smile on people’s faces with this new tasting,” winery General Manager Shane Soldinger explains. “We spent time tasting a lot of very tasty and creative potato chips from small producers around the country. Our goal was to focus on the approachability of our wines and to showcase them creatively with a fun and casual presentation,” he commented. The Silver Trident team offers a video which talks the taster through each pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY3O7lUX-OU .
The chips can be enjoyed by guests who are vegan, vegetarian, nut-free, shellfish-free or gluten-free.
The Potato Chip Experience can be enjoyed by the winery’s guests and members at the Napa Valley Tasting Home. For those guests who can’t visit the Napa Valley right now, the Potato Chip Extravaganza can be delivered to their home nationwide, accompanied by a video hosted by winemaker Kari Auringer and the hospitality team, insuring a memorable event. The delivered experience includes enough chips, wines and fun for four tasters and is available for $325 or $295 for wine club members.
Guests can also purchase a 5-ounce bag of the Kollar chocolate potato chip bark for $15/bag.
The winery’s current releases are 2018 Symphony No. 9 Sauvignon Blanc, 2018 Apollo’s Folly Rosé, 2017 Benevolent Dictator Pinot Noir, 2018 Playing with Fire, 2016 Twenty Seven Fathoms Cabernet Sauvignon and 2016 Friends & Family Reserve Cabernet.
Silver Trident Winery is a small production winery whose Yountville Tasting Home is an elegant showroom with décor and furnishings by the Ralph Lauren Home Collection. It is located at 6495 Washington Street, Yountville, CA 94599 and is open seven days a week 11ish – 6ish.
In compliance with coronavirus protocols, all tastings are now conducted outside and all tastings are by reservation only.
# # #
To arrange a tasting: call 707-945-0311
or email TastingRoom@SilverTridentWinery.com