The 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) has just announced its call for entries for this year’s competition in March. Over the past 19 years, The SFWSC has established itself as the spirits industry’s most influential competition, with an international reputation for integrity and impartiality.
“19 years ago, we recognized that the fast-growing spirits category needed a reliable, impartial and authoritative competition to sort out the best products available,” says founder and executive director Anthony Dias Blue, a James Beard award-winning radio host and Editor-in-Chief of The Tasting Panel, The SOMM Journal, and The Clever Root magazines. He also presides over the San Francisco International Wine Competition and New York World Wine & Spirits Competition.
Returning as the competition’s director of judging for his 10th year is “Modern Mixologist,” Tony Abou-Ganim. Blue and Abou-Ganim have brought together a world-renowned group of over 50 leading spirits industry personalities and critics including “King Cocktail” Dale DeGroff; “Tequila Master” Julio Bermejo; and “Keeper of the Quaich” Steve Beal for this year’s competition.
This year SFWSC is announcing a new Platinum honor to signify brands that win a Double Gold or Best in Class for three consecutive years. Along with winning the coveted Platinum medal, brands of this recognition will receive various incentives and inclusion in the Tasting Alliance tasting events.
This year SFWSC is also adding a new category to the competition to reflect the popular celebrity owned and endorsed spirits market. Past celebrity entrants to the competition include Bob Dylan’s Heaven’s Door whiskey, G-Eazy’s Stillhouse Spirits, and Blake Shelton’s Smithworks Vodka. In addition to the new celebrity category, SFWSC will have a special celebrity judge present this year.
Over 2,500 spirits from around the world are expected to compete in this year’s competition. Entrants can enter their products online or download entry materials from the SFWSC’s website at www.sfspiritscomp.com. The judging will take place March 22-24 at Hotel Nikko. The deadline to submit is March 1st.
About the San Francisco World Spirits Competition:
- The San Francisco World Spirits Competition was founded in 2000.
- The SFWSC is the world’s most respected and influential international spirits competition, and the largest event of its kind in the U.S.
- Products are evaluated in a blind, consensual procedure ensuring the SFWSC maintains its reputation for the highest level of integrity.
- The 2019 Competition takes place over three days, March 22-24.
- Deadline for entries is Friday, March 1, 2019.
- Winning participants receive the awards of Double Gold, Gold, Silver, or Bronze, marking their product as one of the highest quality in the world.
- In addition to bestowing medallions, the SFWSC provides a variety of post-event support programs to help winners turn awards into effective sales tools. The SFWSC sponsors nationwide tasting events throughout the year where trade professionals and consumers can sample the Competition’s top winners; Competition winners enjoy discounts on point-of-sale and other printed materials through SFWSC’s strategic partners; and winners are eligible to purchase medallion bottle stickers and to reproduce medallion imagery in their print and online promotions.
For more information, including a roster and bios of the Competition’s 2019 judges, please visit the SFWSC website: www.sfspiritscomp.com
Follow the SFWSC on Social Media:
SOURCE San Francisco World Spirits Competition
Press releases are generated outside of Spirited magazine and the information contained does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Spirited or its parent company, Sonoma Media Investments.