Independent Bottler The Single Cask have bottled a unique single cask whisky and is donating all profits to Healthcare charities.
The COVID crisis has been tough for everyone, and continues to present challenges. The heroes of the hour are our NHS, healthcare, and frontline workers. They have, and continue, to look after us all.
As soon as warehouses in Scotland opened again after lockdown, The Single Cask decided to swing into action and bottle something special. They chose a unique single cask Inchfad, distilled at Loch Lomond in the Highlands. Inchfad is rare today, with the distillery itself no longer bottling this range. This heavily-peated single malt scotch whisky is renowned for its soft fruit and malt notes.
The Single Cask selected a four year old ex-bourbon cask, distilled in 2016. At cask strength of 61.4% the whisky has been bottled in its natural colour and without chill-filtration.
Tasting notes for this whisky are:
- Nose: barbecued, smokey pineapple with sweet malt, seasoned with white pepper and cinnamon.
- Palate: soft tropical fruit in the form of pineapple and mango, with both the malt character of the original spirit and the influence of the oak cask coming through, together with a touch of white pepper and cinnamon.
- Finish: long and satisfying with elements from both nose and palate present – smoked pineapple with malt, oak and wood spice.
All profits from the 197 bottles of this single cask expression will be donated by The Single Cask to healthcare charities in recognition of, and in support of, their ongoing efforts fighting COVID.
This 4 year old Inchfad bottled for the NHS is available to buy for £49 at www.thesinglecask.co.uk/nhs
For further queries please contact Ed Leigh: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editor
About The Single Cask
The Single Cask bottles unique spirits one cask at a time. We search hard to find exceptional single malt whisky, Irish whiskey, and American bourbon. We like whiskies that showcase a distillery’s characteristics or an interesting maturation technique. But in the end, if it’s delicious, we put it in a bottle.
We bottle our whiskies at cask strength, natural colour, and without chill-filtration. This keeps the whisky as pure and natural as possible; just as we found it in the cask. Our glass bottles are styled like a decanter, designed to be passed around a group of friends as they enjoy sharing a dram together.
The best whisky should be opened, shared and enjoyed; not left to gather dust on a shelf. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re here to get these single cask releases into whisky-lovers’ hands.
The Single Cask be found here
- Website: www.thesinglecask.co.uk
- Instagram: @thesinglecask
- Twitter: @the_single_cask
- Facebook: @thesinglecaskuk